Day 2 of my new schedule. It’s not easy to fall into—this morning I kept on sleeping without realizing that I no longer have a morning alarm. I actually rely on it to wake up, so I’ll have to set a new one again.
When I got downstairs, I found that my husband had the coffee done and breakfast in the oven. This is what happens, I suppose, when I have everything ready to go.
For future reference and for others who might want to try it, this is my breakfast pan:
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted and cooled into the bottom of a cake pan
- 1 cup of vegetables plus 1 cup chopped breakfast meat, OR 2 cups of sliced fruit
- 6 or 7 slices of good bread, placed in a leaning stack over the top of all this
- ½ cup milk beaten with 3 eggs, poured over the bread
- Then a topping of some kind. Crumbled cookies (biscuits) work for sweet breakfast, cheese works for savoury. Go mad with the toppings, chives, cinnamon, whatever. It makes it more appealing.
Keep the whole pan in the fridge until ready to cook.
In the morning, bake it at 350F or about 160C until the butter bubbles over, then turn down the oven and cook until the top looks done. Probably a total cooktime of 30-45 minutes.
I know this last bit is so technical, but…meh.
Speaking of, now it’s time to wrap this up and remove breakfast from oven.